Zero Emission Bus Committee
CUTRIC’s Zero Emission Bus (ZEB) Committee is a national forum for CUTRIC’s members to share up-to-date information and data related to ZEB procurements, deployments, predictive and empirical data and funding and financing options. It will ensure that Canadian transit agencies have access to the highest-quality transit-led ZEB data and ZEB procurement and deployment knowledge across Canada and the United States. This Committee reports to CUTRIC’s Board of Directors and is chaired by Erin Cooke of Winnipeg Transit.
The ZEB Committee is responsible for the following tasks:
- Providing a forum for ongoing updated technical information related to ZEB technologies including vehicles, energy infrastructure, facilities and design considerations
- Providing a forum for roundtable discussions between CUTRIC members and policy leadership in regards to ZEB procurements and deployments across Canada
- Supporting the creation of pathways for ZEB procurements and deployments that support all members in their local, regional and national deployment efforts
- Informing stakeholders on relevant government funding and financing programs
- Identifying issues within current funding and financing programs
- Achieving 5,000 zero-emissions buses by 2024 as per the federal government’s goal
The ZEB Committee will help Canada achieve 5,000 ZEBs by 2024 by supporting knowledge and experience sharing related to ZEB procurements and deployments.
The ZEB Committee will provide regular feedback and insight for policy leadership, as well as guidance to the federal Canada Infrastructure Bank, Federation of Canadian Municipalities, Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Canada, Ministry of Industry, Science and Innovation, Ministry of Infrastructure and Communities, Ministry of Natural Resources Canada, and Ministry of Transportation.
Grace Reilly ([email protected])