Project Manager: Pan-Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Demonstration & Integration Trial
The Canadian Urban Transit Research & Innovation Consortium (CUTRIC) is currently seeking to hire a Project Manager: Pan-Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Demonstration & Integration Trial to work with our dynamic commercialization team involved in ZEB demonstration projects across Canada.
About CUTRIC’s Culture
CUTRIC is a highly dynamic and fast-paced innovation consortium focusing on technology championship. Despite being a not-for-profit, the team culture operates along the lines of a fast-paced (frequently high-pressure) start-up technology company.
CUTRIC team members are interdisciplinary, widely knowledgeable, science- and technology-driven, and passionate about the environment and mobility innovation.
CUTRIC welcomes and supports diversity in the workplace because we believe it makes us stronger and smarter. Candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The Project Manager: Pan-Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Demonstration & Integration Trial will grow to be an integral team member of CUTRIC’s commercialization team.
The Project Manager: Pan-Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Demonstration & Integration Trialwill need to become familiar with all of CUTRIC’s zero-emissions bus demonstration projects in the low-carbon smart mobility sector.
TheProject Manager: Pan-Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Demonstration & Integration Trial will liaise with CUTRIC team members across Canada to undertake project activities as required.
The Project Manager: Pan-Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Demonstration & Integration Trial will be expected to communicate openly, regularly, professionally, and transparently with colleagues and external stakeholders on a regular basis to develop positive member, stakeholder and business relations over the long-term.
CUTRIC actively pursues diversity within its employment framework. Women, people who identify as women, transgendered people, and people who identify as a non-binary gender are strongly encouraged to apply.
Role & Responsibilities
The Project Manager: Pan-Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Demonstration & Integration Trial will be expected to carry out the following tasks in a highly independent, accountable, professional and responsible manner:
- Develop a robust project development plan and deploy best practices in project management to continue the development of CUTRIC’s Pan-Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Demonstration & Integration Trial with leading transit agencies across Canada.
- Perform robust and in-depth literature reviews, as required, to support project goals including funding proposal preparation.
- Coordinate with the CUTRIC reseach team to prepare modelling outcomes or empirical analytical outcomes as required to support business development efforts, funding proposals, or outreach and education goals with members and hydrogen economy stakeholders.
- Prepare reports and presentations per the needs of the project and work with the team to ensure client-ready products are delivered to CUTRIC members, partners and funders.
Critical Skills, Competencies and Educational Requirements
The Project Manager: Pan-Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Demonstration & Integration Trial will be expected to have the following skills, competencies, and educational achievements:
1. Fluent English language skills required in written and spoken form.
a. Fluency in French is considered a highly valuable asset.
2. Demonstration of a high-level of attention to detail and precision.
3. Demonstration of a high-level of commitment to professionalism in written, verbal and in-person contexts.
4. Demonstration of a high-level of commitment to confidentiality and non-disclosure respect for the concept of privacy within a corporation.
5. Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, or a Bachelor’s degree in the same or similar fields with additional years of proven experience in industry.
6. Certification in project management from a recognized certification body.
7. At least two (2) years of full-time work experience in project management.
8. Demonstration of an ability to document project outcomes, trace deliverables and communicate with stakeholders effectively and consistently.
9. Evidence of a strong teamwork ethic.
a. Commitment to working with team members locally and digitally across the country.
10. High-degree of adaptability to work under pressure in a dynamic work environment
11. A positive attitude and willingness to think creatively and innovatively to resolve problems and overcome challenges.
12. A leadership mindset and proactive dynamism in problem-solving.
13. A strong focus on time efficiency and waste reduction (in time and resources) to achieve deliverables.
14. Demonstrated commitment to climate change action and an interest in sustainability in transportation.
15. Expressed interest in working in a small company with a highly diverse workplace – including gender, racial and religious diversity.
16. Evidence of an interest in lifelong learning.
1. Evidence of experience working within a small to mid-sized business/enterprise environment.
2. Evidence of an ability to juggle several files at once in a highly organized and competent fashion.
3. Evidence of commitment to documenting actions and documenting follow through commitments and deliverable completion.
4. Evidence of a committed work ethic and the pursuit of excellence in professional or personal life.
CUTRIC’s team has always been highly digital in nature.
Due to COVID19, CUTRIC has made the decision to work remotely and support work-from-home arrangements with all employees until December 2021 at least. The only exception to this rule may be bi-annual CUTRIC staff professional development “retreats”, which may require travel to Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver when it is safe to do so.
Therefore, the Project Manager: Pan-Canadian Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Demonstration & Integration Trial as long as the candidate has continual or reasonably frequent access to high fidelity internet as 100 per cent of CUTRIC’s daily business activities are carried out digitally – including video-based digital meetings, which require high fidelity Wi-Fi.
$70,000-$80,000 depending on education, experience and aptitude.
This posting will close on Monday, October 26th 2020, 9:00 AM EST.