Membership Success Officer
Membership Success – Full Time
The Canadian Urban Transit Research & Innovation Consortium (CUTRIC) is currently seeking to hire a Membership Success Officer (Bilingual) to work with our dynamic commercialization team in zero-emissions transit technologies.
Anywhere in Canada.
CUTRIC’s team has always been highly digital in nature.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, CUTRIC has made the decision to work remotely and support work-from-home arrangements with all employees until December 2022.
The only exception to this rule may be bi-annual CUTRIC staff professional development “retreats”, which may require travel to Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver when it is safe to do so.
The Membership Success Officer (Bilingual) may be located anywhere in Canada if the candidate has continual or reasonably frequent access to high fidelity internet as 100 per cent of CUTRIC’s daily business activities are carried out digitally – including video-based digital meetings, which require high fidelity Wi-Fi.
About CUTRIC’s Culture
CUTRIC is a highly dynamic and fast-paced innovation consortium focusing on technology championship. Despite being a not-for-profit, the team culture operates along the lines of a fast-paced (frequently high-pressure) start-up technology company.
CUTRIC team members are interdisciplinary, widely knowledgeable, science- and technology-driven, and passionate about the environment and mobility innovation.
CUTRIC welcomes and supports diversity in the workplace because we believe it makes us stronger and smarter.
Women, candidates who identify as non-binary, and candidates who identify as visible minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Membership Success Officer (Bilingual) will grow to be an integral team member of CUTRIC’s commercialization and research team.
The Membership Success Officer (Bilingual) will need to become familiar with all CUTRIC’s membership, commercial and research projects in the low-carbon smart mobility sector in North America, and its membership base.
The Membership Success Officer (Bilingual) will liaise with CUTRIC team members across Canada, in English, to undertake project activities as required.
The Membership Success Officer (Bilingual) will be expected to communicate openly, regularly, professionally, and transparently with colleagues and external stakeholders on a regular basis to develop positive member and stakeholder relations over the long-term.
CUTRIC actively pursues diversity within its employment framework. Women, people who identify as women, transgendered people, and people who identify as a non-binary gender are strongly encouraged to apply.
Role & Responsibilities
The Membership Success Officer (Bilingual) will be expected to carry out the following membership and stakeholder success activities in a highly independent, accountable, professional, and responsible manner:
- Supporting CUTRIC’s national membership outreach efforts on a daily, quarterly and annual basis through email, webinars, members’ meetings, telephone calls, and other communications mechanisms as required.
- Documenting all membership engagement efforts (online meetings, telephone calls, etc.) through CUTRIC’s client management software system, HubSpot.
- Following the protocols set out by the CUTRIC HubSpot Membership Engagement Pipeline to ensure interested stakeholders are addressed and membership is secured in a timely fashion to sustain CUTRIC’s non-profit operations.
- Supporting the collection, analysis and reporting of membership success key performance measures (KPIs), including but not limited to membership revenues, membership satisfaction, membership engagement, and membership growth.
- Tracking and monitoring membership concerns through the development and maintenance of a membership Issues Log that is reviewed monthly.
- Developing “Implementation Plans” to regularly address issues arising in the Issues Log.
- Supporting the digital development and deployment of CUTRIC Membership Meetings throughout the year, including but not limited to preparing membership-oriented content, deploying digital content, and supporting administrative staff.
- Supporting meeting coordination activities allied to 1(a)-1(c) above including developing meeting agendas, minutes, and presentation materials as required.
- Collaborating with CUTRIC’s Membership Team staff to proactively innovate new membership growth-oriented and membership satisfaction-oriented programming.
- Supporting and leading the development and ongoing refinement of CUTRIC’s Annual Membership SWOT Analysis.
- Speaking publicly and presenting in public formats to groups of members or potential members as an ambassador of CUTRIC’s commitment to and vision of a low-carbon mobility future for Canada.
- Liaising with the CUTRIC Government and Public Relations Team, the CUTRIC Commercialization Team, and the CUTRIC Research Team to ensure cross-team and intra-organizational communications to maximize membership value offerings and propositions and to minimize membership dissatisfaction.
Critical Skills, Competencies and Educational Requirements
The Membership Success Officer (Bilingual) will be expected to have the following skills, competencies, and educational achievements:
- Fluency in English as a native language, or a second language, required in written and spoken form
- Fluency in French as a native language, or as a second language, required in written and spoken form
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college in a relevant field and at least five years of industry or non-profit experience in client-facing roles, or minimum master’s degree from a recognized university and at least three years of industry or non-profit experience in client-facing roles
- Demonstrated experience in working in a membership role or for a non-profit organization previously
- Demonstrated expertise in using client management software tools or membership management software tools for non-profits
- Demonstrated excellence in speaking and writing skills
- High-level competency with audio-visual technologies, such as communications software (e.g., Zoom communications tools, Google Meets, etc.)
- Advanced level of attention to detail and precision
- Commitment to confidentiality and non-disclosure and respect for the concept of privacy within a corporation
- Professionalism in written, verbal and in-person contexts
- Strong teamwork ethic and commitment to working with team members locally and digitally across the country
- High degree of adaptability to work under pressure in a dynamic work environment
- Positive attitude and willingness to think creatively and innovatively to resolve problems and overcome challenges
- Leadership mindset and proactive dynamism in problem-solving
- Strong focus on time efficiency and waste reduction (both in time and labour resources) to achieve deliverables within CUTRIC’s non-profit context and budget constraints
- Expressed interest in working in a small company with a highly diverse workplace, including gender, racial and religious diversity
- Evidence of an interest in lifelong learning
- Strong work ethic and the pursuit of excellence in professional or personal life
- Commitment to transparency, accountability, and clear communication
- Commitment to climate change action and an interest in sustainable transportation
- Experience in project coordination or project management
- Training in project management from a recognized project management accrediting body and/or institute
- Experience working within a start-up or small company
- Evidence of leadership roles in professional or personal endeavours
- Demonstrated ability to juggle several files at once in a highly organized and competent fashion
- Demonstrated commitment to documenting actions and documenting follow through commitments and deliverable completion
$62,000-$70,000 depending on education, experience, and aptitude.
Friday, September 17 2021.
How to apply?
Candidates must ensure their Cover Letter refers to this specific job posting, and that it addresses the “Minimal” skills listed above. Cover Letters should not be more than two pages single spaced (or 600 words maximum).
Candidates must ensure their curriculum vitae/resume and cover letter both demonstrate how the candidate meets the minimum skills and competencies required for this position.